New Golf Equipment for 2020
I am so excited to communicate all the new golf equipment available today, but before I launch in that, I cannot stress enough the importance of being properly fit. I attended product seminars this winter for the three major brands we carry at Conway Farms (Titleist, Taylormade, and Callaway), and all three companies stressed fitting more than ever. Also, they lend their expertise, giving us the tools to use to ensure proper fitting for all. Not being properly fit for all the latest and greatest golf equipment is an oversight you don’t want to make.
We are so lucky to have Mason Tomlinson as a resource for all of our club fitting needs at Conway Farms. He is exceptionally talented, and I know I speak for many of the golf professionals in the area, if I needed to get fit for new equipment, Mason would be my only call. Please take advantage of his knowledge and expertise and see how he can get your equipment to help you play better golf.
The new Taylormade SIM and Callaway MAVERIK are the hot drivers, while Titleist has released its fresh SM8 wedges and its unique “tour” inspired Scotty Cameron Putters! Here are all the major equipment brands and what they have new and exciting for the 2020 season!
Titleist enters its second season with the “TS” series Drivers and Fairway woods. This has been the most successful line of metal woods from Titleist in over a decade.
- The TS2 & TS3 are the most played on the PGA Tour, while the TS4 (ultralow spinning recorded a win with Adam Scott as well).
- Titleist has also entered the “slower swing speed” market as well with its revolutionary TS1 Driver. Everything from head weight, shaft weight and grip all promote huge improvements for golfers with slower swing speeds!
Late last fall, Titleist introduced the T-series iron line. There are 4 models (T100, T200, T300, and T400) all which offer something for every skill level of golfer at Conway Farms.
- T100 – Forged to suit the “players” eye. Offers tour level shaping with signature Titleist feel.
- T200 – Powered by Max impact for better distance across the forged face to convert near misses to nearly perfect. (Replacing the popular Ap3 iron, which was a huge hit here at Conway Farms!)
- T300/T400 – Game improvement irons – both are excellent options for those needing extreme forgiveness along with stronger lofts!
Here are the SM8’s - The number 1 wedge on the PGA Tour.
- Improved Distance & Trajectory control. CG (center of gravity) has been pushed forward, which produces higher MOI, which leads to more center strikes and more scoring chances.
- SM8 Sole Grinds and Refined grinds for every golfer and every skill level.
- Maximum Spin – For ultimate control, SM8 grooves are cut to the edge to maximize spin and shot control. The more consistent your spin, the more consistent you are as a wedge player.
Scotty Cameron has brought back the ‘tour” look and feel. The new Special Select line of putters is the most impressive lineup from Scotty Cameron in a long time. Returning to the roots of sound and feel, each Special Select model has been designed and milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and feel. - I I highly recommend checking out scottycameron.com to check out the impressive lineup.
- Taylormade has introduced the SIM lineup of Drivers and Fairway woods. SIM (Speed in Motion) Drivers introduce a reshaped sole design which optimizes clubhead speed and enhances aerodynamics at the most critical stage of the swing. Tiger Woods, Rory Mcllroy, Jon Rahm, and more adopted the driver instantly.
- The SIM Fairway woods have brought back the “V-Steel” technology with an 80 gram sole plate designed to enhance turf interaction and give golfers the confidence to attack any lie. The biggest change from prior models is that if offers higher launching and is more forgiving.
- P760 – The perfect combination of Tour forging and speedfoam technology. P760 is a progressive players-iron, giving golfers clean and compact short irons with hollow – body long irons, filled with speedfoam to increase forgiveness!
- P790 – The speedfoam technology is the driving force behind these irons. Stronger lofted irons with the “players” look and feel along with tungsten weighing for optimal CG performance. Anyone who is interested in more foregiveness and longer distance in irons – MUST TRY.
- Introducing Raw Face Technology which maximizes spin on all shots.
- Taylormade is also the only company to use Milled Grinds – what does that mean? They are ALL, EVERY WEDGE, completely perfect. All grinds and bounces are perfect. Tiger Woods, notorious for being extremely picky would need take 3-4 months without changing wedges due to the process of finding the right wedge. With milled grind technology, he changes every week.
- The MG2 wedge comes in chrome and matte black.
- By creating multiple contact points along the topline, the Truss hosel design reduces the amount of unsupported mass and deflection at impact.
- From the top line – they look like the traditional lineup of putters – packed with much more forgiveness
Metalwoods - Callaway has introduced MAVERIK - the next generation of JailBreak technology drivers and fairway woods.
What is new?
- A.I. redesigned face that is 6 grams lighter to increase speed.
- All new head shape to enhance aerodynamics and reduce drag.
- Tour desired feel and sound. - Xander Schauffle said, “From the minute I tested it, I knew 2020 couldn’t get here soon enough.” He even put it into play at the Presidents Cup prior to its launch.
- The only iron to be awarded 20 out of 20 stars in the Golf Digest Hot List competition.
- Extremely soft feel, long consistent distance, playability, and optimum ball flight and control.
- Triple track technology featured on putter models such as the 2-ball, Ten, and Marxman. Please checkout callaway.com for more pictures.
What about the ladies?
We have never had more ladies equipment readily available at Conway Farms than we will have this year. We will have trial sets from Taylormade, Callaway, and XXI0 all season long. Companies have FINALLY started giving us the tools to help women golfers play their best. We will have more length options, weight options, and company options than ever before.
Where to start? Call any of us in the golf shop or set up a fitting with Mason Tomlinson. The only way to find what works best for you, is to get fit.
We look forward to getting back to the club very soon, and as always, please let me know if there is anything I can help with.
All the best,
Andrew Adamsick Head Golf Professional