Conway Farms Golf Club opened for play on August 3, 1991. The Tom Fazio award-winning course sits on 209 acres in Lake Forest, Illinois and is designed around the traditions of Scottish links golf. Today, all of us enjoy a well-established Club and a mature housing development, with cozy cul de sacs and tree lined streets, it's hard to remember what was here before. The answer is nothing - no connecting roadway linking Route 60 with Everett Road, no houses, ponds or tree lined streets. There were just corn fields and other crops, and trails for horses to pick their way through and the occasional hunters in search of birds. But there was also a long-nurtured dream.
Here are some photos from 1991 while the course was being built.
The origins of Conway Farms Golf Club trace back to three Lake Forest families whose love for golf was exceeded only by their foresight. Their vision for a first rank golf club began with the purchase in 1956 of a farm straddling a stretch of old Conway Road, thus giving rise to the name Conway Farms. Conway Farms Golf Club is dedicated to the protection and preservation of the game, encouraging walking, fast play and the strong support of amateur golf.
Conway Farms Golf Club is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation; a private club by invitation only.
The vision of Conway Farms Golf Club is to be a nationally recognized golf Club that is valued and respected for our superior golf course, the quality of the total golf experience, and the fellowship shared by members and guests. Members and staff alike believe in and support the traditions of golf, the spirit of good sportsmanship, and a mutual expression of respect, assuring that Conway Farms will always be “a very special place”.
OUR VALUES AND BELIEFS
• A membership representation developed without regard to gender, race, or religion that supports our vision.
• A respect for members and staff that is reflected in both golf and social relationships to create a community of fellowship and understanding.
• A mission that continuously advances the traditions of golf. These traditions include, but are not limited to, fast play, no tee-times, walking the course, and respect for fellow participants.
• A superior golf experience manifested by the quality of the course, the facilities and services, and the camaraderie of the membership.
• Policies and guidelines that are instituted for the benefit of the membership in total and apply to all members, their families, and guests equally.CORE TO OUR SUCCESS
• A superior golf course, meticulously maintained and continuously improved.
• A membership that is committed to the interests, values, and beliefs of the Club.
• A governance process that insures the Club’s ideals and objectives are realized in a fair and consistent manner.
• A staff that understands and strives to create the highest quality total Conway experience.
• Facilities and programs that are in balance with the quality of the golf course.
• A diverse membership.
• Financial stability.
THE CONWAY FARMS TRADITION
Over the years, the Club has hosted the following tournaments:
•1998 Women's Western Junior
•1997 Men's NCAA Division Championship
•1998 USGA Junior Amateur Championship
•2002 AJGA Canon Cup
•2006 Big Ten Championship
•2006 AJGA Canon Cup
•2007 Open Qualifier
•2008 US Open Sectional Qualifying
•2009 Western Amateur
•2012 US Mid-Amateur Championship
•2013 BMW Championship
•2015 BMW Championship
•2017 BMW Championship
Golf Week ranks Conway Farms Golf Course among the "Top 10" in Illinois.