Cellular DevicesCELL PHONE POLICY
CELLULAR TELEPHONESThe use of cell phones (Smartphones, iPhones, Blackberrys, iPads, Notebooks, or any other electronic devices that can be used as a phone, can send or receive text or e-mail messages, be used as a calendar, etc.) is strictly prohibited at Conway Farms Golf Club with the following exceptions:
EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY:
- The only place where a mobile device (as defined) may be used for purposes of talking is in a car or in the phone booth in the Clubhouse. When not in use, mobile devices are to stay in silent mode and out of sight.
- Mobile devices are strictly prohibited on the golf course, dining room, living room and library. Mobile devices are strictly prohibited on the golf course, practice areas, dining room, living room and library. Mobile devices with earbuds may be used discreetly for listening to music only while on the practice tee.
- Mobile devices may be used for sending/receiving e-mail or text messages in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms, lounges, porch, porch bar, and on the terraces (east, south, and scoreboard terrace). No audio use, including phone calls, is permitted with this provision.
- Practicing physicians may use electronic devices for the sole purpose of addressing a patient’s needs while being respectful of areas of use.
- Members of the Club staff, including teaching professionals, may use electronic devices when performing their duties as Club employees.