DOWNLOAD GUEST GUIDELINES PDF if you plan on visiting CFGC
GOLF COURSE ATTIRE
Only conventional and appropriate golf attire may be worn on the Club grounds, the golf course and the practice range. Shorts are permitted for both men and women, but should rise no more than four inches above the knee. Apparel such as cargo shorts, short shorts, tennis shorts, athletic or jogging shorts, cutoff slacks, swimming attire, blue jeans, halter tops, fish-net tops, uncollared shirts (for men) and T-shirts are considered inappropriate. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
Gentlemen, please remove hats while seated in the Men's Locker Room.
The use of cell phones (Smartphones, iPhones, Blackberrys, iPads, Notebooks, or any other electronic devices that can be used as a phone, can send or receive text or e-mail messages, be used as a calendar, etc.) is strictly prohibited at Conway Farms Golf Club with the following exceptions:
EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY:
- The only place where a mobile device (as defined) may be used for purposes of talking is in a car or in the phone booth in the Clubhouse. When not in use, mobile devices are to stay in silent mode and out of sight.
- Mobile devices are strictly prohibited on the golf course, dining room, living room and library. Mobile devices are strictly prohibited on the golf course, practice areas, dining room, living room and library. Mobile devices with earbuds may be used discreetly for listening to music only while on the practice tee.
- Mobile devices may be used for sending/receiving e-mail or text messages in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms, lounges, porch, porch bar, and on the terraces (east, south, and scoreboard terrace). No audio use, including phone calls, is permitted with this provision.
- Practicing physicians may use electronic devices for the sole purpose of addressing a patient’s needs while being respectful of areas of use.
- Members of the Club staff, including teaching professionals, may use electronic devices when performing their duties as Club employees.
Tipping or extending gratuities to Club employees, including caddies, are not accepted practices.
PACE OF PLAY
It is expected that a round will be completed in four hours. Please use these guidelines to assist you:
The TWO Minute Search
Long rough is a feature of many holes at Conway Farms. So are lost balls. Accordingly, a ball should be declared lost after no more than TWO minutes of searching solely by the caddie and player of that ball, so pace of play will not be unduly delayed.
The Open Hole Rule
When an entire hole opens up ahead of your match, you must ask a faster match behind you to play through. The match being waved through must accept the invitation.
Play "Ready Golf"
Always be ready to play your next shot and don't be reluctant to hit or putt even when closer to the hole than other players. If you are ready, fire away, except if safety is in question. Establish the "Ready Golf" approach on the first tee with your fellow players.
Assist Your Caddy
Advance the cause of fast play by anticipating situations, carry an extra club to your ball, or rake a bunker should the caddy be occupied elsewhere with your playing partner.
Please refrain from hitting a second ball off the first tee.
The golf bag drop off area is adjacent to the Pro Shop. Please identify your host so your golf clubs may be properly tagged.
The Men's and Ladies' locker room are marked and located at the north side of the clubhouse.
The driving range, chipping green and putting green are available for your use. Please ask the Caddie Master for directions.
Gentlemen are requested to remove their hats in the Clubhouse and when seated in the men's grill. Only traditional golf attire may be worn on the Club grounds. A collared shirt for gentlemen must be worn and shirts are to be tucked in at all times. Cargo shorts, side pocket shorts and slacks are strictly prohibited. Only soft spikes are permitted.
We are looking forward to seeing you at CFGC.