Cristal's Chocolate CakeWhat better way to warm up your day than making a delicious chocolate cake?
Make this first as it takes a few hours to set.
|Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips||16 oz.|
|Heavy Cream||1 3/4 C.|
- Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate chips, whisk until emulsified.
- Place in refrigerator to set to a spreadable consistency. This can take a couple of hours so make this before the cake.
|All Purpose Flour||240g|
|Baking Powder||1.5 tsp.|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp.|
- Preheat oven to 350F, and butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, yolks, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until there are no lumps. Don't forget to scrape the bowl as you go.
- Add the hot water in four parts, scrape after each mix to ensure there is nothing going unmixed at the bottom.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.