In order to be eligible for the initial scholarship and any subsequent awards, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- If an employee, you must be currently working on at least your second of (2) consecutive Club Seasons totaling at least 300 hours for the two seasons or 400 hours in one season. Due to the pandemic, employees will be given credit in 2021 for the hours recorded in 2019.
- If a caddie, you must be currently working in this position for at least your second of two (2) consecutive years during which time you have recorded a minimum of 60 eighteen-hole caddie rounds for the two seasons. Due to the pandemic, caddies will be given an automatic credit for 30 rounds in 2020.
- If the child of an employee or caddie, the employee/parent must have completed at least three (3) consecutive years of full time employment (consisting of at least 325 hours per year) at the Club; caddie/parent must have worked for three (3) consecutive years during which time they have recorded a minimum of 40 eighteen-hole caddie rounds per year. The child of an employee or caddie may also be eligible if their parent has had at least 5 years of continuous service at the Club regardless of the number of hours or caddie rounds recorded. Due to the pandemic, the requirement for 2021 hours is waived.
The child of an employee or caddie must be living with their parents (and not living on their own.)
- Scholarship awardees are expected to maintain acceptable academic standards to remain eligible, and to reapply for continued financial support.
DUE FRIDAY, JULY 9 AT 5:00 pm
Individuals will be required to meet the following requirements, to be eligible for selection:
- Completed application form
- Applicant letter to Conway Farms Golf Club Foundation stating why you wish to pursue a degree or certificate, and why you should be considered to receive a Foundation Scholarship signed and dated
- Relevant Transcripts
- If a CFGC employee or caddie, include a supervisor’s endorsement of your candidacy
- If a son or daughter of a CFGC employee or caddie, include an endorsement or a character reference
- Be interviewed by the Board of the Conway Farms Golf Club Foundation
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit including, among other things, length of service at Conway Farms, work-ethic and job performance, academic achievement, financial need, family circumstances, extra-curricular activities and community service.
The total number and amount of individual awards made annually are ultimately dependent upon the amount of funding available to the Foundation each year. As a consequence, individual scholarship awards may vary from year to year.
Submit a hard copy or high resolution electronic (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) picture while in “uniform” (if applicable) or have one taken in the Club’s office. Make sure the photo is a taken close up, i.e. head shot only.
Return the completed application and all supporting materials (including your photo) by Friday, July 9 at 5:00 p.m.