Conway Farms Golf Club opened for play on August 3, 1991. The Tom Fazio award-winning course sits on 209 acres in Lake Forest, Illinois and is designed around the traditions of Scottish links golf. Today, all of us enjoy a well-established Club and a mature housing development, with cozy cul de sacs and tree lined streets, it's hard to remember what was here before. The answer is nothing - no connecting roadway linking Route 60 with Everett Road, no houses, ponds or tree lined streets. There were just corn fields and other crops, and trails for horses to pick their way through and the occasional hunters in search of birds. But there was also a long-nurtured dream.
1991 "Under Construction" photos
The origins of Conway Farms Golf Club trace back to three Lake Forest families whose love for golf was exceeded only by their foresight. Their vision for a first rank golf club began with the purchase in 1956 of a farm straddling a stretch of old Conway Road, thus giving rise to the name Conway Farms. Conway Farms Golf Club is dedicated to the protection and preservation of the game, encouraging walking, fast play and the strong support of amateur golf.
Conway Farms Golf Club is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation; a private club by invitation only.